Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Healthcare rules and regulations are changing rapidly, and so are the costs associated with providing healthcare as an employer. Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce members could see significant savings on healthcare coverage as well as healthcare, vision, disability, and life insurance, just for being a chamber member.
Anthem healthcare coverage
Chamber members are eligible for competitive, discounted pricing on a variety of health insurance products through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. Please contact your broker or the chamber for further details as not all options are listed here.
SOCA Benefit Plan
Small employer health coverage
In partnership with the Southern Ohio Chamber Alliance (SOCA) and Anthem, your chamber offers this program to businesses with 50 or fewer employees. This health program, called a multiple employer welfare arrangement, or MEWA, enables smaller employers to join together to share in the overall claims risk. By being part of a larger, self-funded pool, employers have financial protection backed by Anthem’s stop loss coverage.
In addition to financial protection, this innovative alternative offers:
- Competitive rates
- Fixed, predictable monthly payments
- A variety of plan designs, including PPO and HSA options
- Anthem’s broad Blue Access PPO Network and National Pharmacy Network
- Coverage for claims run-out/terminal liability coverage
The SOCA medical plan also includes expanded wellness offerings and Specialty products at specially discounted rates.
Dayton Area Chamber Specialty product discounts:
In addition to these great savings, Anthem’s products offer industry-leading features and networks.
|Product ||Group Size||Discount
|Dental Prime and Dental Complete ||2-50||5%
|Dental Prime and Dental Complete ||51-99||4%
|Dental Prime and Dental Complete||100-499||2%
|Full Service Blue View Vision Plans ||2-499||15%
|Life, STD, LTD ||2-9||5%
|Life, STD, LTD ||10-499||10%
Dental Prime and Dental Complete
- Industry-leading local and national networks with deep discounts saving members an average of 34% on covered services
- No waiting periods for major services with employer-paid plans
- Optional benefits like annual maximum carryover and brush biopsy
- Anthem’s dedicated dental customer service department delivers excellent service results. The average claim is paid in 2.59 days, with 99.9 claim payment accuracy
- Choice of the benefits you want with our custom plan designs, including a choice of 1 or 2 year rate guarantees
Blue View Vision
- One of the nation’s largest networks, with over 37,000 doctors and more than 27,000 locations, members can go online at 1-800-CONTACTS, Glasses.com and ContactsDirect and locally through LensCrafters®, Pearle Vision®, Sears OpticalSM, Target Optical® and JCPenney® Optical.
- Two-way communication between network eye care and health care providers to help our members achieve better health, exclusively from Anthem.
- Members can buy extra pairs of glasses for 40% off from any network provider and kids under age 19 get UV-blocking Transitions® lenses at no extra cost while adults get a discount.
- Groups with 2 – 499 employees will receive a 2 year rate guarantee
Life and Disability
- A broad portfolio of disability and life products that all include a 2 year rate guarantee
- Anthem’s plans offer more than just a benefit check, they include programs that give emotional, financial and legal support, along with travel assistance and even resources for new moms.
- Industry leading claims turnaround time and payment accuracy that exceed industry standards per a recent consultant audit
- Integration of short-term disability and our health benefits improves employee health and productivity