Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Healthcare rules and regulations are changing rapidly, and so are the costs associated with providing healthcare as an employer. Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce members could see significant savings on healthcare coverage as well as dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, just for being a chamber member.
Please contact your broker or the chamber for further details as not all options are listed here.
SOCA Benefit Plan
Small employer health coverage
In partnership with the Southern Ohio Chamber Alliance (SOCA) and Anthem, your chamber offers this medical benefit program to businesses with 50 or fewer employees. This health program, called a multiple employer welfare arrangement, or MEWA, enables smaller employers to join together to share in the overall claims risk. By being part of a larger, self-funded pool, employers have financial protection backed by Anthem’s stop loss coverage.
The SOCA BP is designed specifically for Chamber of Commerce members. The SOCA BP presents an innovative alternative to the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The Southern Ohio Chamber Alliance has chosen Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s top (“Champion” and “Elite”) brokers to bring this new health plan to market. Our member companies can expect the highest quality of service and dedication while receiving valuable advice on a wide variety of comprehensive insurance products designed to meet the needs of Chamber of Commerce members.
In addition to financial protection, this innovative alternative offers:
- Competitive rates
- Fixed, predictable monthly payments
- A variety of plan designs, including PPO and HSA options
- Anthem’s broad Blue Access PPO Network and National Pharmacy Network
- Coverage for claims run-out/terminal liability coverage
Unlike the current ACA structure, the SOCA Benefit Plan:
- is a self-funded plan.
- offers a variety of plan designs that meet the minimum essential coverage requirements, including: four PPO and three HSA options, utilizing the Anthem Blue Access PPO Network and National Rx Formulary.
- is an alternative to comparable options under the ACA.
- will allow changes in benefits and contribution rates at renewal, without being “locked in” by the grandfathered status.
The SOCA Benefit Plan also includes expanded wellness offerings and Specialty products at specially discounted rates.
Dayton Area Chamber Specialty Product Discounts:
Looking for specialty coverage? Your chamber also offers its members access to discounts on Anthem dental, vision, life, and disability products.
|Product ||Group Size||Discount
|Dental Prime and Dental Complete ||2-50||5%
|Dental Prime and Dental Complete ||51-99||4%
|Dental Prime and Dental Complete||100+||2%
|Full Service Blue View Vision Plans ||2-499||15%
|Life and Disability||2-9||5%
|Life and Disability||10+||10%
- Industry-leading local and national networks with deep discounts, saving members an average of 34% on covered services when they visit an in-network provider
- No waiting periods for major services with employer-paid plans
- Flexible plan designs and optional benefits like annual maximum carryover and brush biopsy
- A dedicated dental service department that provides fast and accurate claims processing that beats the industry average, with the average claim paid in less than 3 days1
- Expanded care with our clinically integrated program, Anthem Whole Health Connection, is included at no extra cost. This includes additional dental services for members with certain health conditions
Blue View Vision
- One of the largest vision networks in the nation, with the choice of independent eye doctors or Glasses.com, ContactsDirect, 1-800 CONTACTS, LensCrafters®, Pearle Vision®, Sears Optical®, Target Optical®, or JC Penney® Optical stores
- Members can buy extra pairs of glasses for 40% off from any network provider. And kids under age 19 get UV-blocking Transitions® lenses at no extra cost while adults get a discount2
- Access to a dedicated and knowledgeable customer support team 7 days a week
- Enhanced care with our clinically integrated program call Anthem Whole Health Connection is included at no extra cost. This includes market-leading collaboration between primary care doctors and eye doctors
Life and Disability
- A broad portfolio of life and disability products and an A.M. Best financial rating of A (Excellent)
- Value-add programs include at no additional charge provide emotional, financial and legal support, along online will preparation and identity theft recovery services
- Telephone claim intake is standard in addition to a dedicated call center with calls answered live during business hours
- Outstanding claims turnaround time and payment accuracy – and we help with Social Security disability filings and approvals
- Integration of short-term disability and our health benefits may improve employee health and productivity
Your Chamber Membership Creates Value For Your Company
The savings alone is great. But consider what also comes with it:
- Your choice of plans, from industry-leading consumer-driven health plans to point-of-service products
- Administrative convenience of working with one carrier who offers a complete menu of coverage options: prescription drugs, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability and employee assistance programs
- Extensive selection of providers and lower in-network costs
- Strong local service
1 Internal data 2017
2 Except when discounting of non-covered services is prohibited by state law.
Standard broker commissions apply. Offer available to Ohio-headquartered businesses adding new Anthem dental,vision, life and/or disability plans. This discount program can be changed or terminated at any time. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is the trade name of Community Insurance Company. An independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ® Anthem is a registered trademark. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield names and symbols are the registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.