Tornado Recovery Information
Our region received a federal disaster declaration on June 18, 2019. View included counties. If you are a Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce member or area business representative with a question or need not answered here, please contact us at 937-226-8258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated June 19, 2019
Business Disaster Relief Loans
Photo Courtesy: Scott Sliver
- SBA Low Interest Loans
- If your business, regardless of size, is located in the declared disaster area, you may apply for a long-term, low-interest loan to repair or replace damaged property or to relieve business losses. There are no grants available to businesses.
- Business Disaster Loans – Up to $2 Million
- Businesses and nonprofits can get loans to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other business assets and prepare for future disasters.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans – Up to $2 Million
- Small businesses, agricultural cooperatives, aquaculture enterprises and most nonprofits can meet working capital needs through the recovery period. These loans are available regardless of whether a business has suffered property damage.
- The SBA will open Business Recovery Centers (BRCs) in Greene and Montgomery County on June 20 to help businesses apply for assistance. SBA representatives at the Centers can provide information about disaster loans, answer questions and assist businesses in completing the SBA application.
- Greene County BRC location: Beavercreek Chamber of Commerce, 3210 Beaver-Vu Dr., Beavercreek, OH 45434; Hours: Weekdays, 8am – 5pm, Closed Saturdays and Sundays
- Montgomery County BRC Location: Harrison Twp. Community Center, 5945 North Dixie Drive, Dayton, OH 45414; Hours: Weekdays, 8am- 5pm, Closed Saturdays and Sundays
- Deadlines to apply for SBA low Interest Loans:
- For physical property damage: August 19, 2019
- For economic injury: March 18, 2020
- Important Documents:
APPLY HERE FOR SBA LOW INTEREST RELIEF LOANS
- ReEnergize Ohio, offered through the Ohio Treasurer’s Office, is a money-saving tool designed specifically for small businesses. This is typically used for renovations, expansions, equipment upgrades, and more, but might prove helpful to businesses rebuilding after the disaster. ReEnergize Ohio offers up to a 3% interest rate reduction on new or existing business loans. Learn more.
Insurance ALERT: Businesses, be sure to contact your insurance brokers and your lenders first. A list of chamber member insurance brokers can be found here.
- Business Interruption Basics from Central Insurance Companies covers tips on Business Interruption coverage, expediting claims and more.
- Small Business Disaster Recovery Quick Guide: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s National Disaster Help Desk has a Quick Guide for recovery for small businesses. The guide includes tips for recovery, a checklist for reopening, and information for finding disaster assistance. Learn more.
Property Tax Relief
- In Montgomery County, properties damaged or destroyed in the Memorial Day tornadoes may be eligible for a deduction in taxable property value. Call the Montgomery County Auditor’s Office at 937-225-4326 or visit www.mcauditor.org to complete and submit a form.
- BarryStaff; 230 Webster St, Dayton, OH 45402 (Book online)
- BarryStaff has also offered workspace free of charge. Call 937-461-9732 to check availability.
- AudioEtc…; 4036, 551 Congress Park Dr, Dayton, OH 45459. Call 937-434-9770.
- Dayton Metro Library Branches; Learn more about space available or call 937-463-2665 to book. Fees may apply.
- Montgomery County Business Solutions Center; 1435 Cincinnati St #300, Dayton, OH 45417; Book online or call 937-813-1200.
- The Business Solutions Center also has workspace and WiFi access available to businesses in Montgomery County free of charge. Stop by any time M-F 8a-5p.
- Washington Centerville Public Library; 111 W. Spring Valley Road, Centerville, OH 45458; View Availability or call 937-433-8091.
- Dayton Convention Center Conference Room Space (Controlled by the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce); 22 E. Fifth Street, Dayton 45402; Call 937-226-8274 to check availability.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Dayton; 555 Valley St, Dayton, OH 45404; Call 937-224-0047 to check availability.
- The Entrepreneurs Center; temporary space at 444 E. Second Street, Dayton, OH 45402. Space is open Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wright Point Office Park, 5200 Springfield Street, temporary office and meeting space. A nominal “business displace” rate will be offered. Call 937-233-1801, ext. 250.
- MJ Tooling; 420 Davis Avenue, Dayton; temporary office space; Call 937-475-3068 or email email@example.com.
- View a complete list of downtown Dayton’s meeting & banquet venues on the Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website.
- Downtown Dayton Partnership (DDP): The DDP offers a free and confidential Site Seeker service to accommodate your downtown space search needs. Traditional, non-traditional and coworking options available. Short and long term possibilities. Call 937-224-1518 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phoenix Logistics, LLC; Lease or 3PL warehouse/distribution services available at 2333 McCall Street, Dayton, OH 45417; reach out through their website.
- Industrial Property Brokers: Warehouse and Manufacturing Space available, short term lease possibilities, (Multiple addresses, Dayton, Springfield, Sabina, Tipp City, Xenia), call 937-492-4423 or their website.
- Rush Transportation: Storage and Warehouse space available at 2619 Needmore Road, unlimited lease possibilities. Contact Gil Smith at 937-297-6182.
- Staub Manufacturing Solutions: Two floors around 5,000 sq. ft. per floor at 14 East Main Street, Tipp City, OH 45371; short or long term lease possibilities. Also 15,000 sq. ft. (wired for heavy power) available at 2501 Thunderhawk Ct. Only available for the next 6 months. Contact Steve Staub at email@example.com.
- MJ Tooling LLC: Office and warehouse space 3 phase, 220v with fenced lot; 420 Davis Avenue, Dayton, 45403; Call 937-475-3068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vaughn Interior Concepts: Office and warehouse space; long and short term lease, 140 N. Keowee, Dayton, call 937-220-9996.
- Sewell Motor Express: 25,000 sq ft with loading docks and small office, 370 Davids Dr., Wilmington, OH 45177; Call Jay Sewell at 937-366-1600 or email email@example.com.
Human Resources Guidance
- Office Equipment & Supplies: A list of chamber member office equipment and supply stores can be found here.
- Tools & Equipment for Cleanup: The Cincinnati Community ToolBank lends tools and equipment to not-for-profits. Contact them at 513-246-0015 or their website.
- Construction Contractors: View a complete list of Dayton Area Chamber members in the construction business category here.
- Commercial Realty: Commercial realtors can help affected businesses find working space. View a complete list of Dayton Area Chamber members in the commercial realty business category here.
- Emotional Disaster Distress: If you’re feeling stress due to the disaster your business has experienced, there is help available via the Disaster Distress Helpline. Learn more.
- IRS Guidance: The IRS has a compiled an FAQ for disaster victims. Read more.
- Beware Natural Disaster Scammers: The BBB of Dayton has provided tips for choosing a credible contractor, and what red flags to watch for to avoid scammers that arrive after natural disasters. Read more.
- Tips for Small Businesses After Disaster: Forbes has compiled 3 Ways to Keep Your Small Business Running After a Disaster.
- Displaced Workers: Montgomery County has training funding available for any employee who has lost their job because of the tornadoes. You can read more here.
Ways you can help
Photo Courtesy: Scott Sliver
- Monetary Donations: The Dayton Chapter of the American Red Cross is most in need of monetary donations.
- To make a $10 donation, text REDCROSS to 90999
- Donate at www.redcross.org
- Call 1-800-RED-CROSS
- For donations over $1,000: Call Laura Shepherd, Philanthropy Officer, Dayton Chapter of the American Red Cross at 937-221-7521.
- Supply Donations: The Bob Ross Auto Group is accepting donations at its Buick GMC or Mercedes-Benz of Centerville locations. Donations will be distributed to The American Red Cross, United Way of Greater Dayton and the Foodbank.
- Items Accepted:
- Non-perishable food items
- Hygiene products
- Volunteer: The Dayton Chapter of the American Red Cross is coordinating volunteer efforts in order to ensure safety and efficiency. Sign up here.
- Support Small Businesses:
- Specific Offers: If your member business has a specific service or item to offer those affected, you’re encouraged to post those offers to theMember Hub. Log in or create your account here.
- Donate & Volunteer Responsibly: FEMA has a comprehensive list of things to think about when you want to make the biggest impact with your donation or volunteer time after a disaster. Learn how to donate & volunteer responsibly.
Please follow and like us: